About Me

"We are surrounded by things, we are involved with them. We speak to things and things speak to us. To say we are independent is banal. Let us be courageous, let's admit it : we are lovers".

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

African Bangles and Australian Ring

These bangles are part of a large collection of bangles I have from North Africa, I used to drive trucks in the Sahara, and when I used to go through the tribal areas and meet all the different tribes, I used to swap things with them or buy bangles from the women. So I have a big collection of old North African Jewellery.


My ring was made for me by an Australian designer called Rebecca Aims, I think she makes gorgeous things, what I like about this ring is at first glance you would think , it’s maybe turquoise or jade, it is simply resin set in acrylic and silver. The reason I like it because it is using contemporary materials, and exploring what you can do with contemporary materials, I love it because It’s very chunky, and I go this one specially because I love the colour.

0 comments: